CAN Forums and Retreats
2015 Expanding Opportunity Regional Summit
2015 Building a Person-Centered Community Summit
Building a Person-Centered Community: A Participatory Summit" was hosted by the CAN Community Council on October 21, 2015 at the AISD Performing Arts Center. Service providing organizations, funding organizations and people who are served by these organizations came together to consider what action we can take individually and corporately to create a more person-centered community.
2014 CAN Retreat
- Building on what was learned in four Safety Net Forums and Seven CAN Community Council Forums, CAN identified these seven "person-centered themes" that can help our community improve the way we provide servies.
- Video Highlights from CAN Safety Net Forums
- CAN Retreat 2014 Findings
- CAN Retreat Evaluations
- 2014 Voices from the Street Community Engagement Summit Recap and Evaluation
CAN 2013 Policy Forum
- Overview of the 2013 Policy Forum
- "The Suburbanization of Poverty," Elizabeth Kneebone, Brookings Institute
- "The Income Divide and its Impact on Our Economic Future," Jon Hockenyos, TXP, Inc.