CAN Forums and Retreats
2016 Expanding Opportunity Regional Summit
Expanding Opportunity, a Central Texas Regional Summit, brought together about 170 leaders from across the five county Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos Metropolitan area to explore how we can do a better job getting people to jobs and preparing people who live in our region for the jobs of the future. The November 2, 2016 summit at the Dell diamond in Round Rock included expert panels on transportation and workforce development and featured a keynote address by Catherine Morse, General Counsel and Senior Director of Public Affairs for Samsung Austin Semiconductor.
Download the following event materials...
- Program, including speaker bios
- Presentation on Regional Growth, Employment Trends and Jobs/Housing Balance, Capital Area Council of Governments
- Event evaluation resultsEvent evaluation results
2015 Expanding Opportunity Regional Summit
2015 Building a Person-Centered Community Summit
Building a Person-Centered Community: A Participatory Summit" was hosted by the CAN Community Council on October 21, 2015 at the AISD Performing Arts Center. Service providing organizations, funding organizations and people who are served by these organizations came together to consider what action we can take individually and corporately to create a more person-centered community.
2014 CAN Retreat
- Building on what was learned in four Safety Net Forums and Seven CAN Community Council Forums, CAN identified these seven "person-centered themes" that can help our community improve the way we provide servies.
- Video Highlights from CAN Safety Net Forums
- CAN Retreat 2014 Findings
- CAN Retreat Evaluations
- 2014 Voices from the Street Community Engagement Summit Recap and Evaluation
CAN 2013 Policy Forum
- Overview of the 2013 Policy Forum
- "The Suburbanization of Poverty," Elizabeth Kneebone, Brookings Institute
- "The Income Divide and its Impact on Our Economic Future," Jon Hockenyos, TXP, Inc.