CAN Events CalendarCategory: C.A.N. Events Calendar
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2012 - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The 5th Annual Women's Resource Fair - Free services for low-income and homeless women and children
WHEN: Saturday, March 3, 2012, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. [ONLY FOUR WEEKS AWAY!]
WHERE: Schmidt-Jones Family Life Center (across from the First United Methodist Church in downtown Austin) on the northwest corner of 13th Street and Lavaca.
WHAT: Services for homeless and low-income women and children include:
- FREE medical services (mammograms, pap smears, well women exams, eye exams, and wellness visits)
- FREE confidential legal services (family law, immigration law, criminal law, estate planning, and consumer issues)
- FREE mental health services
- FREE education and employment counseling
- FREE debt and credit counseling
- FREE clothing closet and haircuts
- FREE bus passes to get to the event (upon request, see below)
- Booths for social service providers and shelter referrals
Please post and distribute the attached flyers and help us spread word of the event to those in need! Thank you for all you do!
To request free bus passes
to distribute to clients who may be interested in attending the event,
and for more information, please contact Laura Langham at email@example.com.
To register for a booth, please contact Sally Pretorious at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up to volunteer at the event, please send an email to email@example.com
Organized and sponsored by the Austin Young Lawyers Association.